Log4cpp 2.8.0 linking error

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the latest version of log4cpp from source (which is I think 2.8.0, found here https://github.com/orocos-toolchain/log4cpp/releases), but I'm getting a linking error. The error is as follows:

../src/.libs/liblog4cpp.so: undefined reference to `log4cpp::GenerationalFileAppender::GenerationalFileAppender(std::string const&, std::string const&, bool, unsigned int)' ../src/.libs/liblog4cpp.so: undefined reference to `log4cpp::create_generation_file_appender(log4cpp::FactoryParams const&)' collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

As you can see, there are some undefined references which I don't know how to solve. Any idea on how to solve this?

P.S. The reason I'm compiling from source is because I'm trying to get the whole toolchain version 2.8.0. The autoproject thing didn't work out well for me using Archlinux and the official download link for the toolchain only gives me version 2.6 anyways, which is not good enough for me. If I try to install the toolchain from AUR I get 2.6 as well. If you have any other ideas on how to get the whole toolchain version 2.8 then I also see that as a solution, thanks!

Log4cpp 2.8.0 linking error

Ok seems like I don't have this problem in version 2.7, so I'll just go for that.. However now I'm facing another issue, but I will open a new topic for that.