It's a month since last release, and the RTT deserved another one. Thanks to all of you for reporting bugs and providing fixes. Read on below for the release notes and the noteworthy changes. Upgrading is recommended.
The Orocos development team is pleased to announce the second bug fix release of the Real-Time Toolkit v1.10, a C++ toolkit for building component based, real-time robotics and machine control applications.
As an exception, Win32 users are advised to recompile all components if they used the win32 fosi layer directly (calls to sleep and usleep).
You can download this release from http://www.orocos.org/stable/rtt/v1.10.2/orocos-rtt-1.10.2-src.tar.bz2 and read the installation instructions on http://www.orocos.org/stable/documentation/rtt/v1.10.x/doc-xml/orocos-installation.html
Most prominent fixes are:
- Fix bug #734: Removed allocation when copying variable sized objects in scripting
- Many fixes for compiling with mingw on win32
- Fix bug #731: wrong mTaskState handling for children in RTT::ExecutionEngine::startContexts()
- Fixes in detecting installed boost libraries
- Fix crash when terminating threads on win32
- provide --help option for unit tests.
- scripting: Fix parse error (missing ')') in function foo() definitions
- Force CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo if not set by user
- Overall fixes in operator= during self-assignment
- Fix bug #726: state machine crashes when calling stop() in transition check
- Many fixes for various TAO/Omniorb build configurations on different platforms
- Give the default activity the name of its TaskContext