RTT and OCL 1.12.1 released
|Submitted by peter on Thu, 2010-12-23 14:40|
The Orocos development team is pleased to announce the first bugfix release of the Real-Time Toolkit v1.12, a C++ toolkit for building component based, real-time robotics and machine control applications. Together with RTT, OCL 1.12.1 is released as well. This release aims at resolving some of the component and plugin loading issues that were discovered after the 1.12.0 release.
These are the major highlights:
- Support for Debian packages (RTT + OCL)
- Improved component/plugin loading in mixed target installs.
- OCL installs its components in lib/orocos/<target> instead of lib/orocos while the component path may remain lib/orocos. This avoids loading libaries of another target.
- improved import() and loadLibrary() functions:
- When given a relative path, it is relative to RTT_COMPONENT_PATH
- When given an absolute path, this path/library is directly imported/loaded and the path is added to the RTT_COMPONENT_PATH for later importing of its subdirectories.
- Allow to load regular libraries again
- Don't use deployment component in 'ctaskbrowser' console.
- Editline support in the TaskBrowser (non-GPL)
- Fix segfault when combining TaskBrowser, readline and Xenomai
Users upgrading from 1.10.x should install their components in prefix/lib/orocos/<target>/ and point their RTT_COMPONENT_PATH to prefix/lib/orocos/ or prefix/lib/orocos<target>/. Multiple paths can be listed in the RTT_COMPONENT_PATH environment variable. All non-component libraries should be installed in the prefix/lib directory, unless you wish to have them load by the plugin loaders.
You can download this release from
and read the installation instructions on