Orocos ToolChain2.6 install error on Ubuntu 14.04

Dear sirs,

I tried to install Toolchain 2.6. on Ubuntu using the following commands:

cd $HOME mkdir orocos cd orocos mkdir orocos-toolchain cd orocos-toolchain wget -O bootstrap-2.6.sh http://gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/build/raw/toolchain-2.6:bootstrap.sh sh bootstrap.sh source env.sh but I got an error.Shows below.

rtt(/home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt): failed in build phase
    'make' returned status 2
    see /home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/install/log/rtt-build.log for details
    last 10 lines are:

[  1%] Building CXX object rtt/CMakeFiles/orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic.dir/ServiceRequester.cpp.o
    In file included from /home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt/rtt/ServiceRequester.hpp:45:0,
                     from /home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt/rtt/ServiceRequester.cpp:39:
    /home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt/rtt/Service.hpp:62:56: fatal error: boost/smart_ptr/enable_shared_from_this2.hpp: No such file or directory
     #include <boost/smart_ptr/enable_shared_from_this2.hpp>
                                                            ^
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [rtt/CMakeFiles/orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic.dir/ServiceRequester.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [rtt/CMakeFiles/orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
autoproj failed to build your configuration. This means most of the time that there is a problem with the sources. You can try to manually complete the bootstrap by typing these two commands:
 . env.sh
 autoproj build
If that does not work, send an email to the Orocos user's mailing list: Then I run the . env.sh and autoproj build.The error didn't fix.Show error message shows below.

Build failed rtt(/home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt): failed in build phase
    'make' returned status 2
    last 10 lines are:

[  0%] Building CXX object rtt/CMakeFiles/orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic.dir/ServiceRequester.cpp.o
    In file included from /home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt/rtt/ServiceRequester.hpp:45:0,
    /home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt/rtt/Service.hpp:62:56: fatal error: boost/smart_ptr/enable_shared_from_this2.hpp: No such file or directory
                                                            ^
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [rtt/CMakeFiles/orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic.dir/ServiceRequester.cpp.o] Error 1
What have I to do to complete installation?

Thank you for your support.

The same problem during install orocos on ubuntu14

I have encountered the same problems,so I want to know have you solved it now? I am looking forward to your answer.Thank you very much!

Ruben Smits's picture

The same problem during install orocos on ubuntu14

Can you elaborate on the problems you are facing?

R.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:43 AM, <wangkun [..] ...> wrote:

> I have encountered the same problems,so I want to know have you solved it
> now?
> I am looking forward to your answer.Thank you very much!
> --
> Orocos-Users mailing list
> Orocos-Users [..] ...
> http://lists.mech.kuleuven.be/mailman/listinfo/orocos-users
>

Re:

Ruben Smits wrote:
Can you elaborate on the problems you are facing?

R.

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 1:43 AM, <wangkun [..] ...> wrote:

> I have encountered the same problems,so I want to know have you solved it > now? > I am looking forward to your answer.Thank you very much! > -- > Orocos-Users mailing list > Orocos-Users [..] ... > http://lists.mech.kuleuven.be/mailman/listinfo/orocos-users >

Hi,the platform of my computer is ubuntu 14.04, I follow the guide "Quick Start on Linux"(the site is http://www.orocos.org/wiki/orocos/toolchain/quick-start-linux) and ruby version is 1.9.3, the bootstrap completed the job automatically, but when compile the rrt I got an error like this:

rtt(/home/duan/orocos/orocos-toolchain/rtt): failed in build phase

'make' returned status 2
    last 10 lines are:

[  1%] Building CXX object rtt/CMakeFiles/orocos-rtt-gnulinux_dynamic.dir/ServiceRequester.cpp.o
                                                            ^
    compilation terminated.
then I check my files to find the boost/smart_ptr/enable_shared_from_this2.hpp but it is not exist, at last I modified the source code service.hpp of Orocos ToolChain2.6 to Orocos ToolChain2.7 then the problem has been solved but I encountered another one.The error shows below:

configured CMake for ocl

ERROR: got an error processing typelib, waiting for pending jobs to end
  built ocl                  
Build failed typelib(/home/wangkun/orocos/orocos-toolchain/typelib): failed in build phase
    'make --jobserver-fds=5,6 -j' returned status 2
    see /home/wangkun/orocos/orocos-toolchain/install/log/typelib-build.log for details
    last 10 lines are:

from /home/wangkun/orocos/orocos-toolchain/typelib/lang/csupport/containers.cc:1:
    /home/wangkun/orocos/orocos-toolchain/typelib/typelib/typemodel.hh:568:44: note:     virtual std::vector<long unsigned int>::const_iterator Typelib::Container::load(void*, size_t, Typelib::InputStream&, std::vector<long unsigned int>::const_iterator, std::vector<long unsigned int>::const_iterator) const
             virtual MarshalOps::const_iterator load(
                                                ^
    /home/wangkun/orocos/orocos-toolchain/typelib/typelib/typemodel.hh:583:34: note:     virtual const Typelib::Container& (* Typelib::Container::getFactory() const)(Typelib::Registry&, const std::list<const Typelib::Type*>&)
             virtual ContainerFactory getFactory() const = 0;
                                      ^
    make[2]: *** [lang/csupport/CMakeFiles/typeLang_cSupport.dir/containers.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [lang/csupport/CMakeFiles/typeLang_cSupport.dir/all] Error 2
autoproj failed to build your configuration. This means most of the time that there is a problem with the sources. You can try to manually complete the bootstrap by typing these two commands:
 . env.sh
 autoproj build
Does this problem is caused by the version of Orocos ToolChain2.7? Thank you for your support!

Re:

Hello,

I've encountered the same problem you describe with OROCOS v2.6 installation under Ubuntu 14.04 some months ago. The solution I found at that time was to recursively remove all the packages that gave compilation errors and wget them again from the OROCOS source repository.

From my side, this was related to the log4cpp ocl rtt typelib packages, so I solved hitting:

sudo rm -r log4cpp
sudo rm -r ocl
sudo rm -r rtt
sudo rm -r typelib

git clone git://gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/log4cpp.git
git clone git://gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/ocl.git
git clone git://gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/rtt.git
git clone git://gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/typelib.git

. env.sh
autoproj build

I just thought that something related to the sources downloaded by the bootstrap.sh was wrong, but I found no more "in depth" solutions...

Federico